This morning Jeanine and I sorted sugar and jelly after we washed the dishes at the Acceuil.
After our feedback session, we had English Mass in the Grotto. Then we did Stations as a group on the big hill.
After doing lunch dishes, Jeanine and I said goodbye to Ignatia and maria, our Spanish friends, as well as Angelique and Viviane (our responsables). Then we ate lunch and spent some time in the John Paul II Acceuil chapel before going to help the men in St. Joseph's at the train station. We helped wheel wheelchairs and walk people to the trains and then we just walked up and down the platform telling all the Italians "Ciao" and trying to talk to them. That whole experience reminded me of the soldiers-nurses experiences from war tales.
Then we went to the Guadalupe House, which North American Lourdes Volunteers owns before dinner and packing and the walk to the train station. I came with a bag on my back and on my shoulder. I left with a bag on my back, a bag on my shoulder, and a bag on my front! We were very loaded!
| Me and Julie at the Basilica |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please make sure your comments are considerate of others and the author of this blog. Danke!