May 11, 2012

A year ago: Lourdes Day 7

April 7, 2011

Today Jeanine and I had 10 minutes to eat a quick breakfast because we had service at 7:30am. We did most of the dishes on our own and then we wiped down the handrails and ledges.

Then we did the Stations of the Cross on the big hill which are golden colored and life size.

Then we met St. Bernadette's great-great-great nephew before we ate lunch and went back to serve in the Acceuil again. After lunch, we went back to the room to prepare for the procession.

At the Notre-Dame de Lourdes Hospitalite procession, Jeanine and I represented the Acceuil and help carry the banner. And-- we got to wear belts with our outfits. Usually only second stage and up volunteers get to wear a belt, so it was a big deal!

After the procession, we played a round of Pooh sticks before it was time to serve in the Acceuil. Tonight we had to say goodbye to Veronique.

Then we had pizza at an Italian restaurant. Then Regina and I sang during the Rosary procession again. As English speakers, we got to help lead the English Hail Marys (one person lead in one mic and the rest would stand around a second mic for the second half). When it was my turn, I was going right after the French, so as I stepped up to the mic, I said, "Je vous salut.... uhhhh.... Hail Mary...". Only I would do that!!! During that "uhhh", I actually was trying to remember how the prayer started in English! Because we learned the Hail Mary and Our Father in German while we were staying at the Kartause, we were also able to help the German speakers because they did not have a lot of people for the second half.

Jeanine and I helping with the banner--
notice our belts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make sure your comments are considerate of others and the author of this blog. Danke!