February 19, 2012

A year ago: Poland

Last year, I figured out that I can survive on 4 hours of sleep! But, I'm sure if I tried doing that now, it wouldn't work very well...

Last year, I also did all the write-ups for Poland, so here are the links, and I will post pictures below.

Poland, Day 1: Czestochowa and Auschwitz
Poland, Day 2: Krakow and Divine Mercy
Poland, Day 3: Krakow, Nowa Huta, and Wadowice

Me and Julie in front of the Cathedral in Krakow.

Legend says that these are the bones of the dragon
that used to guard the cathedral.

Matki Bozej Bolsenej (Our Lady of Sorrows) in the
adoration chapel of the Franciscan church in Krakow.

The Mothership which brings Souls to Heaven!
More commonly known as the 
Shrine of Divine Mercy.

Alexis, Hayley, Mary Kate, Sr. Joan Paule, Claire, Julie, me, Sr. Carrie Ann,
Josh, and Dorothy at Padre's, an Italian and Indian restaurant in Poland.
The food was absolutely delicious!! (see below)
Julie and I split this chicken and pasta dish and... 
...the ice cream covered with chocolate powder. I think it's
because of Clairethat we have these pictures...

This is one of my favorite pictures from Poland. Julie and I are
standing in the field across from our hotel where
Blessed Pope John Paul II met the 3 million people when
he came back to visit his home country as Pope.

In Nowa Huta, we did Praise and Worship at the steel cross
that the steel workers fought to keep standing.

The church in Nowa Huta that was built to
model Noah's ark (three floors).

Blessed Pope John Paul II's report card.

Blessed Pope John Paul II's skis and boat oar.

Blessed Pope John Paul II's vestments from when he was
Pope, Cardinal, Bishop, and parish priest.

Me in front of the parish church in Wadowice where JPII
received his first sacraments and heard the call to the priesthood.

Pope Cake! I'm not sure what it's really called, but when JPII
came back to visit Poland, he said that this was his favorite
kind of cake, so it's called Pope cake now! It is quite delicious,
but I wouldn't have minded splitting it with someone-- it was sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make sure your comments are considerate of others and the author of this blog. Danke!