Last night we left Gaming at 7pm, drove through the winding, twisting roads of the Alps, and headed toward Rome as we watched Count of Monte Cristo and Roman Holiday. We arrived at the hotel at 8am this morning. After quickly settling in our room, Claire, Julie, Alexis, Mary Kate, Hayley, and I went to Netunno, which is just an hour train ride outside the city. It was a really cute town on the Mediterranean. We got to the Basilica Nostra Signora Grazie e Sancta Maria Goretti just closed because of the afternoon siesta. So, we walked around on the beach and gathered some sea shells and had a photo shoot. Claire and Hayley rode on the Carousel and we stopped at a little souvenir shop. When the church opened again, we were able to go in and see St. Maria Goretti's incorrupt body. No photos were allowed to be taken inside, but she was beautiful and pictures would not do her justice.
Using Italian was much more similar to French than German, so I was very glad when I was able to use my minimal Italian to help us find the Basilica and buy a train ticket!
| Julie, Claire, and I enjoying ourselves along the Mediterranean in Netunno, Italy during our photo shoot! |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please make sure your comments are considerate of others and the author of this blog. Danke!