Praised be Jesus Christ!
Today was our optional ski trip and it was lots of fun. I've never been skiing before in my life, but Fr. Brad and some other experienced skiers from FUS helped us with some basic moves and then took us up to the beginner slope. It was harder than what I expected, and I took a couple tumbles and lost my ski a couple times, but no harm done. And I was very glad for my skating skills, because they were very similar as far as turning, stopping, and fighting to stay up to keep from falling. After lunch, Fr. Brad took Jenn, Maryanne, Mary, and me up to another beginner slope which I guess was more of the next level slope-- but we were in the Alps, so that means it's harder than it is in the US. But it was so much fun-- definitely a good challenge. Then we did the first beginner slope one last time and turned in our skis and everything.
Needless to say, we are a bit worn out-- it takes a lot of knee and thigh strength. We will definitely sleep well tonight, which is good because we have to leave at 5 am for Prague!
Good for you! I'm personally too scared to try...I've watched too many accidents happen on TV. :P Have fun in Prague!
ReplyDeleteNice!!!! I wish I could go skiing with you!! It sounds like fun, but wear are the pics??
ReplyDeletedrew
I haven't been able to download pictures yet. My computer, well actually my plug, isn't working, so it's going to take a little while to get them up since I have to use other computers. Hopefully they'll be up soon.
ReplyDelete